Please read these Terms and Conditions carefully before you enter this Contest. By entering, you are deemed to have accepted these Terms and Conditions and that you agree to abide by them. If you do not agree to these terms and conditions, please refrain from participating in this Contest. The Organiser reserves the right to amend the Terms and Conditions at any time without prior notice.
This Knorr Wang-Wang Mari SMS & Win Contest (“Contest”) is organised by Unilever (Malaysia) Holdings Sdn Bhd (Co. No. 1532-V) (“Organiser”). The Contest begins on 1st January 2018, 12:00am and ends on 31st March 2018, 11:59pm (“Contest Period”). Entries received outside of the Contest Period will be disqualified.
The Organiser reserves the right to vary, extend, suspend or terminate the Contest at its sole discretion or if it does not receive sufficient numbers of eligible entries or if the Contest is not capable of being continued for whatever reasons. Such termination or suspension shall not give rise to any claim by the Participant. In the event of any inconsistency or conflict, the English version of the Terms and Conditions of the Contest shall prevail.
The contest will be held for 3 contest months and monthly Contest Period are as follows (“Contest Month”)
Contest Month 1: 01 January 2018 – 31 January 2018
Contest Month 2: 01 February 2018 – 28 February 2018
Contest Month 3: 01 March 2018 – 31 March 2018
- This Contest is open to all Malaysian citizens residing in Malaysia aged 18 and above (as at the date of participation in this contest) with a valid Malaysian National Registration Identity Card. In the event that a Participant is younger than 18 years of age at the date of participation, the Participant is required to obtain written consent from his/her parent/guardian before joining this Contest and upon request by the Organiser will be required to present the same. Employees, shareholders, officers, directors, agents, distributors and representatives of the Organiser and each of their respective parent companies, affiliates, divisions, subsidiaries, agents, representatives and advertising agencies, together with the immediate family members (regardless of where they live) and those living in the same household of such persons (whether or not related), are not eligible to participate in the Contest.
- Participants are required to purchase one pack of Knorr Chicken Stock 1kg or Knorr Demi Glace Brown Sauce 1kg or Knorr Golden Salted Egg Powder 800g and text in the unique code found inside the pack to 33668 to stand a chance to win cash prizes RM888, RM88 or RM8.
- The Organiser reserves the right to disqualify any Participant who does not comply with any of the Terms and Conditions of this Contest or if the Organiser is of the view that the Participant fails to meet any of the Organiser’s participation criteria.
In order to participate in this Contest and be in the running to win, all Participants must:
- Purchase ONE promotion pack of Knorr Chicken Stock 1kg or Knorr Demi Glace Brown Sauce 1kg or Knorr Golden Salted Egg Powder 800g.
- Open the pack to reveal the unique code in the inner pack
- Type (UFS)<space>(6 alpha numeric UNIQUE CODE)<space>(NAME) and SMS to 33668.
Example: UFS 12B8H6 MOHD NADIA
- Participants will be charged RM0.30 for each SMS received. The charges are in addition to the standard SMS fee charged by the participant’s mobile phone operator, which shall be borne by the participants.
- Participants are permitted to participate in this contest via the use of mobile phones only.
- The Organiser and the companies involved in this contest shall not be held liable in any way for delays, non-deliveries and/or interruptions of SMS messages sent or received and shall not be held responsible for any unauthorised use of the mobile phone or subscriber’s account in conjunction with the contest.
Tier A: Grand Prize RM888 x 50;
Tier B: Second Prize RM88 x 360;
Tier C: Consolation Prize RM8 x 5,240
The eligible winners will be determined by the total number of qualified entries received during the Contest Period. System will randomise the qualified entries by awarding prizes to customer from top up (randomise) entries and award prizes to customer will be from Grand Prizes to Consolation prizes for each contest period.
a. Contest Month 1: 01 January 2018 – 31 January 2018:
Grand Prize RM888: 16 Winners
Second Prize RM88: 120 Winners
Consolation Prize RM8: 1,745 Winners
b. Contest Month 2: 01 February 2018 – 28 February 2018
Grand Prize RM888: 16 Winners
Second Prize RM88: 120 Winners
Consolation Prize RM8: 1,745 Winners
c. Contest Month 3: 01 March 2018 – 31 March 2018
Grand Prize RM888: 18 Winners
Second Prize RM88: 120 Winners
Consolation Prize RM8: 1,750 Winners
The eligible winners will be contacted via telephone and may be required to correctly answer a question before being declared a winner. Should the first attempt to contact the eligible winner fail, i.e. no reply, telephone number not in service or no connection, etc, another three (3) attempts will be made within the next 24 hours of the first telephone call. Where such further attempts are unsuccessful, the Organiser reserves the right to select the next qualified participant. The Organiser will not be held liable in the event the winners cannot be contacted for whatever reasons. In the event the eligible winner fails to correctly answer the simple question, the Organiser reserves the right to disqualify the eligible winner and find another eligible winner as replacement.
PRIZE & REDEMPTION
- Stand a chance to win cash prizes worth RM888, RM88 or RM8. Each correctly registered participant can only redeem one prize amount per unique code. Cash prizes will be transferred to winners via online transfer.
a. Grand Prize x 50: RM888 cash each.
b. Second Prize x 360: RM88 cash each.
c. Consolation Prize x 5,240: RM8 cash each.
- All prizes are awarded “as is” and are strictly non-transferable, non-exchangeable and may not be encashed.
- In the event of a tie, the prize will be awarded to the Participant whose submission was earlier received.
- All judges’ decisions are final and no correspondence, appeal or questions will be entertained.
- The Participant can be required to produce Proof of Identity during or prior to prize redemption for verification. The only forms of Proof of Identity accepted by the Organiser are as follows: valid Malaysian National Registration Identity card/Passport/Drivers licence. A failure to provide any Proof of Identity entitles the Organiser to disqualify Participant/Winner.
- The Organiser will contact the Winner via the contact details or email address supplied during the entry submission process. Participants are encouraged to keep their contact numbers active, and to constantly check their email accounts.
- In the event that a Participant is not contactable after three (3) attempts for three (3) consecutive days, or if contacted, chooses not to accept the prize, the Organiser reserves the right to disqualify the Participant’s eligibility and forfeit the prize, or the next qualified Participant may be selected according to the discretion of the Organiser.
- The Organiser will transfer the money to winners within 3 days once they have been contacted and bank information has been obtained. Cash prize Winners will be responsible for any and all taxes payable (if necessary) as a result of a Prize being awarded or received. Should the Winner fail to claim their prize or nominate a representative within the time allocated, the Organiser reserves the right to forfeit the prizes or award the prize to other Participants/Winners.
- Winners who require a representative to claim their prize(s) on their behalf must ensure that the representative provides a letter of consent signed by the Winner, a copy of the Winner’s Proof of Identity, and the representative’s Proof of Identity.
- The Organiser does not guarantee the availability of the prize and the Organiser has the sole and absolute discretion to replace and/or substitute such prize(s) with any other prize of similar value as determined by the Organiser, its agents or sponsors.
- All Prizes are awarded by the Organiser and/or sponsors on an “as is” basis and are accepted by the Participant without warranty or guarantee of any kind, whether express or implied. Where requested by the Organiser, the Participant shall execute a deed of release and indemnity in a form prescribed by the Organiser.
RIGHTS OF THE ORGANISER
- The Participant agrees that all materials submitted by the Participant for this Contest belongs to the Organiser. Where applicable, the copyright and all intellectual property rights (including moral rights) subsisting in all materials including but not limited to digital or non-digital materials (e.g.: videos and images) shall, upon submission, belong to the Organiser.
- The Organiser reserves the right to publish and use the names, photographs, images, audio recordings and/or videos submitted by the Participant/Winner or of the Participant/Winners for advertising, marketing, publicity and/or any other purpose, without any prior notice or compensation to the Participant/Winners. Winners shall not be entitled to claim ownership or other forms of compensation on the materials.
- In consideration of the Organiser offering to the Participant the opportunity to participate in the Contest, the Participant hereby unconditionally and irrevocably agrees and consents to the following:
a. The Organiser is permitted to the use of the Participant's name, image, voice and/or likeness for editorial, advertising, promotional, marketing and/or other purposes without further notice or compensation.
b. Where required by the Organiser, the Participant shall voluntarily make himself/herself available for the production, recording and publicity of the Contest for such duration as may be notified by the Organiser (including but not limited to recorded or non-recorded interviews, taking of still photos, audio and/or visual recording for promotions and publicity use (collectively “Recording”). All costs for the attendance and participation of the Participant shall be borne solely by the Participant and the Organiser shall not be liable to reimburse any cost, expense, salary or compensation to the Participant.
c. The Organiser shall have and the absolute right and discretion to advertise and/or air and/or print the Recording and/or use the slogan, names or nicknames on any of its programmes/channels or in any media whatsoever, in whole or in part, at the Organiser’s discretion. All copyrights subsisting in the Recording shall belong to the Organiser absolutely.
d. The Organiser reserves the right, at its sole and absolute discretion, to use and exploit the Intellectual Property via any means or media and in any manner and anytime that it deems fit without first obtaining any consent nor making any payment whatsoever to the Participant and/or the Contest winner(s) and/or representatives.
- The Organiser reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to disqualify any Participant who tampers with the Contest mechanics, systems, software or any other processes connected with this Contest.
- The Organiser reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to remove and/or disqualify any Participant and/or entries found (in the Organiser’s discretion) to be indecent or unsuitable for public consumption, or found or suspected of cheating/hacking/tampering with the Contest submission process, the operation of this Contest or to be in violation of any Terms and Conditions of the Contest. The Organiser reserves the right to pursue legal action against any individual whom it believes to have been involved in fraudulent activities or other activities harmful to the Contest, the Organiser or the Contest submission process.
ADDITIONAL TERMS AND CONDITIONS
- By participating in this Contest, the Participant is deemed to have read, understood, agreed and unconditionally accepted the Terms and Conditions and the Privacy Notice stated below.
- Participants may submit multiple entries during the Contest Period. However, each Participant is only limited to getting a maximum of 1 prize amount for each unique code.
- The Participant warrants, undertakes and agrees that entries submitted (including any photographs, drawings, pictures, slogans, materials or other creative works, including voice or video recordings) shall be his/her original work and shall not infringe any right of any third party and/or violate any copyrights, patents, trade names, proprietary, personal, privacy or moral right(s) of any third party.
- The Participant warrants, undertakes and agrees that he/she hereby waives or has obtained a waiver of all rights (including moral rights) from all persons who have contributed to the production of the Entries and the underlying works (collectively “Contributors”) to which the Contributor and/or the Participant is, now or may in the future, be entitled in any part of the world.
- The Participant warrants, undertakes and agrees that entries submitted by the participant shall not contain elements of nudity, pornographic images or sexual themes, graphic violence, defamatory or libellous statements or material considered illegal/offensive or may contravene the laws of Malaysia or materials likely to tarnish the image of the Organiser or bring the Organiser’s reputation into disrepute. Any contravention of this clause shall grant the Organiser the absolute discretion to disqualify and reject and/or remove any entry or posting immediately without prior notice.
- The Participant warrants, undertakes and agrees that the Organiser shall have the sole right to use or exploit the Participant’s Entry or any part thereof in any and all form of media by any and all manner or means throughout the world for the full period of copyright including all renewals together with the right to authorise others so to do without having to pay any remuneration or royalties to the Participant. For the avoidance of doubt, the Organiser is under no obligation to use or exploit any part thereof.
- The Participant warrants, undertakes and agrees that he/she shall not use the Entries or any part thereof for purposes other than stipulated in the Terms and Conditions. In the event that the Entries or any part thereof is published or distributed or dealt with in any manner whatsoever without prior consent from the Organiser, the Organiser shall at its absolute discretion be entitled to disqualify the Participant and/or revoke any Prize won and shall bear no liability whatsoever in respect of the same.
- All rights and privileges herein granted to the Organiser are irrevocable and not subjected to rescission, restraint or injunction under any and all circumstances. Under no circumstances shall the Participants have the right to injunctive relief or to restrain or otherwise interfere with the organisation of the Contest, the production, distribution, exhibition and/or exploitation of the Contest and/or Programme and/or any product based on and/or derived from the Contest and/or Programme.
- The Organiser reserves the right to at any time, change, amend, delete or add to the Terms and Conditions and other rules and regulations including the mechanism of the Contest at its absolute discretion.
- Where the Mode of entry is via short messaging service (“SMS”) or multimedia messaging service (“MMS”), each Contest Entry sent by the Participant will be subject to premium charges as stipulated (if any) which is in addition to the standard fee charged by the Participant’s telecommunications service provider.
- Submission of Entries do not guarantee participation in the Contest. The Organiser has the absolute discretion to reject or refuse submission of Entries and participation by the Participants for reasons, including (without limitation) where the Entries are not complete or any provisions in the Terms and Conditions are not complied with.
- The Organiser reserves the right to disqualify and/or exclude Participants and/or revoke the Prize (at any stage of the Contest) if:
a. the Participant is ineligible or does not meet any of the eligibility criteria set out in the Terms and Conditions; or
b. the Participant breaches the Terms and Conditions or other rules and regulations of the Contest or violates any applicable laws or regulations; or
c. in the Organiser’s sole determination, it believes that the Participant has attempted to undermine the operation of the Contest by fraud, cheating or deception.
- In the event of a disqualification after the Prize has been awarded, the Organiser reserves the right to demand for the return of the Prize or payment of its equivalent value from the disqualified Participant.
- Whilst the Organiser will endeavour to conduct necessary verifications on the eligibility of participants, failure to disqualify any ineligible participants shall not be deemed a breach by the Organiser.
LIABILITY & RESPONSIBILITY
- Unless stipulated otherwise, all transportation costs, internet charges, personal costs and/or any other costs, fees and/or any kind of expenses incurred by the Participants in connection with this Contest (whether for the purpose of joining, participating in or receiving any benefit or prizes from the Contest) or for the purpose of prize redemption or related travelling are the sole responsibility of the Winner, and the Organiser, its affiliates, authorised agents or participating agencies accepts no responsibility whatsoever for these costs/charges/fees/expenses.
- The Organiser, its affiliates, authorised third parties and participating agencies accepts no responsibility for entries lost, damaged, delayed in the post, or due to computer, IT or any technological error. The Participant is responsible for ensuring that his or her entry complies with all the rules and terms and conditions of the Contest, and that his or her entry reaches the Organiser in the form required by the Organiser.
- By entering this Contest, all participants agree to release, discharge, and hold harmless the Organiser, its affiliates and agencies, and their employees, officers, directors and representatives from any claims, losses or damages arising out of or in connection with their participation in this Contest (including but not limited to, any error in computing any transaction, any breakdown or malfunction in any computer system or equipment), any Contest-related activities and the acceptance and/or use, misuse, or possession of any prize awarded hereunder.
- All costs incurred by the Participant in relation to and/or with respect to the Contest and Prize including without limitation postal charges or Internet Service Provider (ISP) charges (if applicable), all transport costs, communication charges, accommodation, meal costs and other related costs incurred by the Participant as a result of and/or pursuant to his/her participation in the Contest, collection and additional costs related to the prize i.e. insurance cost, vehicle registration fee, road-tax, etc. shall be solely borne by the Participant. The Organiser shall not be under any obligation to reimburse the Participant for any of such costs and expenses incurred thereof.
- The Participant acknowledges that his/her participation in the Contest shall be at his/her own risk.
- The Organiser, its agents, sponsors, representatives, affiliates and their respective directors, officers and employees, agents and assigns shall not be liable and/or responsible to any Participant in respect of:
a. any failure to win a Prize in the Contest, defective Prizes due to his/her negligence, act and/or omission or misuse of Prizes or any other loss, damages, costs, expenses, claims, liabilities, injury, death, accidents suffered by the Participant during the Contest or arising out of or in connection with the Contest, the participation by the Participant in the Contest and/or the Prizes awarded.
b. any delay and/or failure in receiving and sending a Contest Entry as a result of any network, communication, ISP or system error, interruption and/or failure experienced by the Organiser or the Participant’s telecommunication service provider and/or resulting from participation or the downloading of any materials in the Contest.
c. any error (including error in notification of Contest winners), omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line failure, theft, destruction, alteration of, or unauthorised access to entries, or entries lost or delayed whether or not arising during operation or transmission as a result of server functions, virus, bugs or other causes outside the Organiser’s control.
- The Organiser, its agents, sponsors and representatives shall not be liable to perform any of their obligations in respect of the Contest and this Terms and Conditions, rules and regulations in respect of the Contest where they are unable to do so as a result of circumstances beyond its control and shall not be liable to compensate the Participants in any manner whatsoever in such circumstances.
GOVERNING LAW AND JURISDICTION
This Contest and the Terms and Conditions shall be governed by the laws of Malaysia, and each Participant agrees to submit any claim, dispute or controversy to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of Malaysia.
PRIVACY NOTICE & CONSENT
Your personal data, including but not limited to the personal data obtained from you directly when you provide us with personal information, e.g. when you register for our contests and/or roadshows, buy a product or service from us, sign up to receive information, use our applications, fill out a survey, or make a comment or enquiry, and/or any further updates provided to us by you in relation to your personal information, photos, image, audio and/or video recording obtained by us (“Personal Data”), will be processed for any educational, advertising, marketing, publicity purpose(s) or any related purpose, your participation in our contest and/or roadshow and/or events, to provide you with products or services that you request from us, to provide you with advance notice of our future events, to respond to your inquiries, to provide you information about our products, services and/or new releases which may be of interest to you, to invite you and your subscription to our newsletters, and/or for auditing purposes in cases where there has been a dispute (collectively, “Purpose”).
We also wish to inform you that your Personal Data may be disclosed to third parties, such as to our headquarters, regional offices, subsidiaries, affiliates and/or members within the Unilever group of companies, and/or our service providers, which may be located outside Malaysia, for reasons relating to the Purpose.
If you wish to access, correct, limit or update your Personal Data, or to make any inquiries or complaints about the processing of such information, please contact: Data Privacy Officer, Unilever (Malaysia) Holdings Sdn Bhd, Level 34, Menara TM, Jalan Pantai Baru, 59200 Kuala Lumpur. Tel: 03-2246 2188