Your content is being adapted based on your type of business.
In a country as diverse as Malaysia, food industries are in high demand. However, food wastage has yet to be tackled. Malaysia has a lot of mouths to feed—about 32 million to be exact. Imagine having this very same amount of Malaysians contributing to food wastage daily! Below is statistical information regarding food wastage.
A mountain of food waste
Multiple research shows a total of 33,000 tonnes come from daily domestic food waste – which also means one person generates at least 0.544kg of food wastage per day. Approximately 15,000 tonnes of that 33,000 is equivalent to the amount of food needed to feed at least 10 million people!
In fact, only 40% of food thrown away is considered legitimate food waste (fruit peels and bones) while the remaining 60% consists of mostly untouched meals and wasted food dishes.
Higher waste leads to lower production
Based on the graph above, it is evident that these factors could contribute to lower profits in food industries. With food wastage on the rise, food industries are bound to face business complications as the production of resources and raw materials would decrease in number.
Reducing food waste starts with us
With all of this in mind, curbing food wastage should be an initiative made by all food industries nationwide. This way, businesses and economic growth of this industry could be maintained without facing any scarcity or business downfalls. It takes two to tango – it’s time for all the food industries to join forces and stop food wastage now! Check out the articles below for more information about food wastage.
Winning the War Against Waste
Food waste is one of the primary causes of global warming – learn how you can prevent it!
Install this webapp on your iPhoneInstall this webapp on your iPadInstall this webapp on your Android phoneInstall this webapp on your Windows phone
Tap the share icon below and choose add to homescreen.Tap the share icon above and choose add to homescreen.Tap the share icon below and choose add to homescreen.Tap the share icon below and choose add to homescreen.