When it comes to running a commercial kitchen, kitchen hygiene should be a top priority. Use this Back of House and Front of House restaurant cleaning checklist to ensure your kitchen is hygiene-friendly.
BACK OF HOUSE CHECKLIST:
FRONT OF HOUSE CHECKLIST:
- Clean all surfaces (also cutting boards and equipment)
- Clean ice cream machines and other machines
- Wipe down fryers
- Clean and empty the trash cans and recyclables.
- Clean floors (including walk-ins)
- Replace foil liners of grill
- Put all aprons, rags and chef’s in the laundry
- Clean grills
- Empty and clean bins
- Label and cover all food
- Sanitize hood filters in dishwasher.
- Clean tables
- Clean soda guns, faucets and sinks.
- Clean every surface such as chairs, tables, bar and booths
- Vacuum floor
- Mop and clean floors
- Clean all toilets multiple times per shift
- Clean the menus
- Wipe down the condiment dispensers
- Dust shelves and other decorative items
- Remove and replace bar bats
- Clean and sanitize refrigerators, coolers and ovens (per instructions from manufacturer)
- Clean walls (if necessary)
- Clean entrance (glass door, door handles and frames
- Vacuum floor and carpets
- Sanitize coffee machines
- Clean floor drains with drain cleaner
- Clean picture frames, ceiling fans, walls (if necessary)
- Clean baseboards.
- Wipe down chair legs and tables.
- Clean all grease (fryers, flat tops, oven and stove)
- Wipe down freezers
- Empty and clean ice bin
- Clean ceilings
- Clean and check kitchen equipment (knives sharpness, refrigerator temperature, oven and thermometers calibrated)
Download the restaurant cleaning checklist!
A handy template to be used by Back of House and Front of House staff to ensure a restaurant is spotless!